Frequently Asked Questions
ANSWER :National Business Framework (NBF) is a network of National and International companies. It's a valuable B2B Stimulation platform where companies can seamlessly connect with each other to address their purchase, sales, marketing and recruitment.
ANSWER :The Joint Supplier Registration System (JSRS) is the In-Country Value (ICV) initiative of the Oman Oil and Gas Industry and is spearheaded by the Ministry of Oil & Gas in association with Business Gateways International (BGI) and all the major Operator Companies of Oil & Gas established in Oman.
ANSWER :JSRS Buyers Community comprises of Operators from Oil & Gas Industry and Major Buyers from Other industries of Oman. These buyers utilize JSRS-Certified suppliers for their procurement needs.
- 1. ARA Petroleum
- 2. BP Exploration (EPSILON) - (BP)
- 3. Consolidated Contractors Energy Development (CCED)
- 4. Daleel Petroleum L.L.C.
- 5. Eni Oman B.V. - Oman Branch
- 6. Hydrocarbon Finder
- 7. Masirah Oil Limited
- 8. Medco L.L.C.
- 9. MOL Oman B.V. Oman Branch, Member of MOL Group
- 10. Occidental Oman Incorporated (OXY)
- 11. Oman Gas Company S.A.O.C. (OGC)
- 12. Oman LNG L.L.C. (OLNG)
- 13. Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production L.L.C. (OOCEP)
- 14. Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company (ORPIC)
- 15. Oman-Lasso Exploration and Production Karawan Ltd.
- 16. Petrogas
- 17. Petroleum Development Oman L.L.C. (PDO)
- 18. Petrotel Oman L.L.C.
- 19. Qarat Al-Milh Petroleum L.L.C.
- 20. Shell Development Oman
- 21. Tethys Oil Montasar Limited
ANSWER :Apart from the 21 Oil & Gas Operators, following are the buyers from other industries:
- a. Abraj Energy Services
- b. Duqm Refinery
- c. Oman International Petrochemical Industries Company L.L.C. (OMPET)
- d. Oman Oil Marketing Company S.A.O.G. (OOMCO)
- e. Oman India Fertiliser Company (OMIFCO)
- f. Oman Tank Terminal Company (OTTCO)
- g. Salalah Methanol Company
ANSWER :The JSRS is envisioned as a mandatory need to make the Supplier Registration Process simple and effective by creating a common pool of registered suppliers that can be tapped into by all the Oil and Gas Operators and major corporates from various industries for their Procurement needs.
ANSWER :The National Business Framework (NBF) is the Foundation Platform for the JSRS and enables National and International Suppliers to be engaged with the business action in Oman. The NBF provides for the Suppliers' online presence, integrates with the value chain of Oman's business and strengthens their Supply Chain and Sales mechanisms. The NBF is related to all Sectors and Businesses.
The JSRS is a specific platform addressing the procurement requirements of Oil & Gas Operators and major corporates from various industries. The JSRS addresses the core needs of the Oil & Gas Operators and Other Industry Buyers by bringing on board all the JSRS Certified Suppliers who pass the Validation process. JSRS ensures continuous connectivity between Operators, Buyers and Suppliers for ongoing procurement and tenders opportunities.
- Create an online platform of Validated Suppliers (National and International).
- Connecting all validated suppliers to all Oil & Gas Operators and major corporates from various industries in Oman.
- Provide suppliers with an online mechanism to keep their data updated and monitored.
- Enable Operators to 'Seek and Identify' prospective Suppliers on the JSRS platform for their individual procurement needs.
- Create the In-Country Value (ICV) environment for Suppliers who will be monitored regularly on their ICV Performance.
- Improve Supplier performance by providing them access to crucial services on the NBF Platform to strengthen their own Supply Chain and Partnerships.
ANSWER :All National and International suppliers who are interested in connecting to the Oil & Gas Operators and major corporates from various industries will be supported and validated by businessgateways for obtaining JSRS Certificate.
ANSWER :No. The NBF is a general platform supporting your company's online presence and pre-check your readiness to the JSRS Platform. Connectivity to the JSRS Platform is entirely subject to your organization passing the detailed Validation Process on JSRS.
ANSWER :This Certificate is a Mandatory prerequisite for Suppliers wanting to connect to the Oil & Gas Industry and all other industries in Oman.
The JSRS Certificate enhances the credibility and authentication of your company as an approved supplier of Oil & Gas Industry and all other industries in Oman.
ANSWER :That depends on two factors such as completion of profile management and Validation Process of JSRS and its approval.
ANSWER :Supplier Validation Form (SVF) is a vital form to be filled by the suppliers as part of the Validation Process (Tier 2) that lead to the JSRS Certification. JSRS Validation process is on a First-Come First-Serve basis subject to proper documents and information submittal.
It is very important that you keep all your critical documents such as Company Registration, Chamber of Commerce and Municipality Agreements updated regularly in SVF since such data validity is monitored and brought to the notice of Oil and Gas Operators and major corporate organisations from other industries.
ANSWER :The JSRS Subscription is valid for the specified period as provided in the JSRS Certificate and needs to be renewed before (or) on expiry of the Subscription.
The Online Subscription Renewal Form is enabled throughout the Subscription period which enables subscribers to RENEW anytime. On expiry, it continues to remain active for a grace period of 30 days following which the Subscription automatically terminates if it isn't renewed.
ANSWER :You can view your JSRS Subscription information highlighting the current Subscription fee and validity at the Settings/Account details page on your Dashboard.
You may click on the Subscription Alert notification at the top of the Dashboard screen and commence the Renewal process and it includes:
- Filling the JSRS Subscription Renewal Form
- Generating Invoice
- Transacting payment
ANSWER :The JSRS Certification and valid Subscription is a mandatory requirement by the Oman's Ministry of Oil & Gas in order to connect with the Procurement Opportunities within 21 Oil & Gas Operators and major corporate organisations in Oman.
Once your company's JSRS Certificate Validity & Subscription expires:
- You will no longer be included in the 'Active' Supplier list of Operators in their Sourcing process.
- You will no longer be eligible to obtain any contract within the Oil & Gas Operators and from Other Industry Buyers even if you win a bid.
- All related services of NBF and JSRS will be terminated.
- Your company data will be erased from the JSRS.
ANSWER :When you login with your JSRS credentials, you get a popup notification to renew your subscription. Regular reminder mails are also sent before the expiry date. Your JSRS Certificate also reflects the Validity date.
ANSWER :The Subscription Fee to join the NBF and JSRS Platforms is dependent on factors such as National or International origin.
ANSWER :No. A single payment is sufficient to gain access to the NBF and JSRS Platforms.
ANSWER :The NBF enables you to add unlimited users per company on the platform. You can manage user rights through the Admin Panel of the Admin User. To add more users and provide relevant access, you can contact our support team.
ANSWER :The Registration Process is as follows:
Phase - 1: Connectivity to Oman National Business Framework
- You will need to fill and submit the online JSRS Registration Form
- After completion of registration, an order confirmation mail will be sent to your registered mail ID.
- On acceptance, an Admin User Name and Password will be sent to your registered mail ID.
- Login with the given Admin user name and Password to submit profile for Tier 1 validation and to complete payment process.
- businessgateways shall validate Tier 1 process on successful payment and send you an approval notification with supplier code.
- Now you will receive Tier 1 access with NBF dashboard to get connected with JSRS.
- businessgateways shall provide access to Supplier Validation Form (SVF) to connect to the JSRS Platform.
- The supplier can login to the dashboard, and it is required to fill mandatory documents in the Supplier Validation Form (SVF).
- After the submission of document in Validation Form your account will be validated individually and approved for
Tier 2 access.
- On approval, you will be issued JSRS certification and access JSRS platform (Tier 2)
ANSWER :The Process for International companies is mostly the same as that of the National companies. You will first integrate your presence on the Oman National Business Framework and then be taken through the Validation process before being approved to join the JSRS.
ANSWER :Yes. The JSRS is a 'Single Window Registration Process' for the Ministry of Oil and Gas and all the Operators to look for Suppliers. Hence all previously Registered Suppliers with other Operators are expected to be once again Registered, Validated and Connected on the JSRS.
ANSWER :To process your subscription, there are two modes of payment available in our system:
- Online Payment
- Offline Payment
The JSRS Subscription payment can be done online through the Payment Gateway of Bank Muscat hosted on the JSRS. You can pay through Credit/Debit cards. Please visit the Payment Page for further information.
It is important that your Credit / Debit Cards are '3D Secure' approved before it can be used on our System.
There are many ways to process your Offline payment. The mode of payment to process are:
- Cheque or Cash Deposit
- Bank Transfer